Black Friday is a one-day shopping event that kicks off the holiday shopping season. The important thing for all retailers, physical or digital, is to meet the expectations of the largest number of customers. In previous editions, all carriers have been impacted by the massive rush of parcels shipments. This has generated delays in deliveries with all carriers. The choice of carriers is not insignificant at this crucial time of the year for all e-commerce playor. Some carriers will be better able to meet your customers’ expectations, with guaranteed delivery times. It is advisable to anticipate. It is better to foresee day D.
MyFlyingBox gives its 5 tips of « must practice » to help the e-commerce. 5 tips to satisfy your customers in this long-awaited edition of Black Friday 2021.
- Black Friday, organize your transport pick-up
- No one is bound to the impossible
- The must have in terms of transport
- Plan for packaging and over packaging
- A shipping insurance is a good guarantee for your customers
Black Friday, organize your transport pick-up
Establish a privileged relationship with your deliverer if it is not already done. How ?
- Take the phone number of your deliverers now let them know your expectations for the « D » day, and make sure they are at their post that day and not replaced. If they are, try to find out the phone number of their replacement. In short, ask your delivery person about any changes on the day of his round.
- If your order flow on Thursday (the day before) is full, place your last orders at the end of the day to make sure that the delivery driver will be there the next day!
- Always have a plan B: if necessary, make arrangements for a back-up vehicle to bring your parcels to your carrier’s center; it’s not bad and it creates less dependency.
- Check the distance between your work place and your favorite parcel drop-off point (DHL, UPS, Chronopost or Point Relais) and above all, check the deadline for dropping off parcels. This will allow you to anticipate your shipments in time and make your customers, happy Black Friday customers.
At the end of the year be the smartest, in the best case, « buddies with the deliverer », otherwise plan B, prepare your vehicle to be sure that on D-day your parcels leave.
To the impossible, no one is required
Announce, communicate with your customers at least one week before the D day with verified information.
Communicate? But about what?
- Your delivery times, they must be transparent
- The cost of shipping.
- Reassure your customers, accompany them with a customer service that will answer their concerns.
In our expert advice of October, we mentioned the importance of the customer experience but also the importance of the basket and shipping costs. The higher the order value, the higher the shipping costs your customers are willing to pay: 3,90€ for a basket equivalent to 15€, and 5€ for 50€ of purchase, from 150€, 36% of consumers want a gesture from the e-retailer and do not want to pay shipping costs. But good news for retailers: 73% of French people are ready to add another product in order to reach the free delivery threshold.
My Flying Box will accompany you for your parcel deliveries to the 4 corners of France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany … and the world and at the most suitable shipping rate for your business.
The must have in terms of transport
As an e-merchant, your international shipments in Europe and outside the EU are particularly impacted by this global event.
If on a local level many transport solutions are relatively accessible and cheap, many parameters remain to be taken into account:
- Duties and taxes for foreign customers,
- The non-availability of relay points in some countries or remote areas,
- The post offices are overcrowded,
- For all intra-community shipments from the European Union, no customs formalities are required – however, be careful with regulated products such as wine.
- For all international shipments, please ensure that you complete and issue at least 3 copies of an invoice.
For all international shipments, be sure to complete and issue at least one invoice in triplicate, ideally written in English.
Concerning your shipments to the United Kingdomhave a look on our referral about Brexit.
Plan for packaging and over packaging
Many parcels will travel « side by side » which can cause drops and shocks. We recommend that you plan for stronger packaging, even larger in some cases to secure the product and guarantee a better customer experience. Prevention is better than cure! Among the packaging providers, My Flying Box recommends RAJA and for more eco-responsible packaging, think of the Breton brand BAM. RAJA and for more eco-responsible packaging, think of the Breton brand BAM. BAM.
For Black Friday, My Flying Box recommends you to check its packaging tips in the article Optimize the customer experience by packaging of parcels..
A shipping insurance is a good guarantee for your customers
The buying frenzy may lead to lost or damaged parcels during this period. Taking out a parcel insurance is an excellent guarantee that you offer your customers. You will be able, if applicable, to offer them compensation that will at least cover their disappointment.
Make sure your shipment is well packaged and depending on the value of your product, consult our additional goods insurance conditions which will allow you to insure your packages up to $100,000.
When the responsability of carriers is engaged, the compensations in case of litigation are very limited; they can be calculated on the basis of a fixed price or on the basis of a reimbursement calculated on a ratio price by kg
In addition, the fact of taking out an insurance allows for compensation on the basis of the declared value of the goods which were dispatched. An important aspect to secure your Black Friday shipments
In summary, this edition of Black Friday 2021 should be synonymous with anticipation of the overloading of transport networks and this, now. This year, Black Friday starts early, very early. Fnac, Darty and CDiscount have already been displaying previews for several days, more than a week before the official date of the event!
Our goal to all is to ensure that orders, your orders are well delivered and especially that your customers are satisfied.
Save time, register on MyFlyingBox and compare our offers from many countries in Europe and the world. d’Europe et du monde.